Money well spent awareness is KEY! Be the voice and face #365 #domesticviolence #bethevoice #nomoreblows
TOPEKA, Kansas –- Kansas Governor Sam Brownback has awarded more than $1 million in grants for the 2015 Federal Family Violence Prevention and Services Act (FVPSA) grant program.
The FVPSA grants provide funds to domestic violence programs that ensure services are available 24 hours per day and are free to domestic violence victims and their children. Many programs provide outreach, shelter, support groups, crisis intervention, advocacy in obtaining protection from abuse orders, court accompaniment, transportation, and prevention education in schools and communities.
2015 domestic violence and sexual assault services grant awards:
- Allen Hope Unlimited $36,856
- Butler Family Life Center $39,856
- Cowley Safe Homes $41,945
- Crawford Safehouse Crisis Center $63,424
- Douglas The Willow Domestic Violence Center $57,141
- Ellis Options: Domestic & Sexual Violence Svcs. $61,483
- Finney Family Crisis Services $40,049
- Ford Crisis Center of Dodge City $40,644
- Harvey Harvey Co. Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Task Force $34,429
- Johnson SAFEHOME $117,540
- Leavenworth Alliance Against…
View original post 52 more words