Zimmerman, 30, who faces a felony aggravated assault charge as well as lesser charges stemming from the incident, is asking to have conditions of his bail modified so he can resume contact with Samantha Scheibe.
According to court documents filed by Zimmerman’s attorney Jayne Weintraub, Scheibe, 27, gave a sworn statement in which she wrote, “I do not want George Zimmerman charged.”
Zimmerman, who had been acquitted earlier this year of murder in the death of teenager Trayvon Martin, had posted a $9,000 bond and was barred from any contact with Scheibe. He was also ordered to give up his guns and wear an electronic monitor.
Scheibe’s new affidavit taken Dec. 6 stated, “When I was being questioned by police I felt very intimidated…I believe that the police misinterpreted me and that I may have misspoken about certain facts in my statement to police.”
Scheibe wrote that Zimmerman “never pointed a gun at or toward my face in a threatening manner” and that “I want to be with George.”
Weintraub claims that Scheibe reached out to her and asked that the order barring contact between herself and Zimmerman be lifted.
Scheibe originally told a 911 dispatcher that the incident began when the former neighborhood watch captain grew upset during an argument and brandished a weapon at her.
“He’s in my house, breaking all my s— because I asked him to leave,” Scheibe told the dispatcher. “He’s got a freaking gun, breaking all my stuff right now.”
Scheibe said at the time Zimmerman pushed her out the home and locked her out. Authorities said when they arrived Scheibe gave them keys to the home, and that they had to push through obstacles by the door to get in.
At the time, Zimmerman told police that Scheibe instigated the incident.
The November incident was Zimmerman’s latest run-in with the law since his acquittal in Martin’s death.